The meaning of Reiki
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “Life Force Energy”. So, Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy” aiming to improve health and enhance overall wellbeing.
It is administered by “laying hands on or over the body” and is based on the idea that ‘life force energy” flows through us.
Why have a Reiki treatment?
Reiki is a gentle healing technique that treats the whole person; physically,emotionally, mentally and spiritually. It is a natural energy, flowing wherever it is needed to support the body’s natural healing process. Reiki is a re-energising treatment and aims to encourage healing and help balance the body’s energy system.
Reiki is also very relaxing and due to its gentle nature; many people fall asleep during this healing experience.
Benefits of receiving Reiki
• Reduces stress, tension and anxiety
• Increases energy and vitality.
• Supports your immune system
• Re-energises your body and mind
• Helps you with confidence and sense of wellbeing
• Enhances your intuition and awareness
• Used safely with other complementary treatments
• Supports your body’s normal functions for self-healing