Blood cancers combined (leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma) is the fifth most common type of cancer in the UK and, of those diagnosed, only 30% of blood cancer patients in need of blood stem cell donation will find a donor within their family.
Conventional treatment is based on four forms of treatment - surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and hormone therapy. For best outcomes potential interactions between orthodox and Health Optimising therapies need to be considered when treating a cancer patients.
Naturopathic Treatment Approach
An individualised Health Optimising Pathway based on these strategies which can and will help to rebuild optimum health, increase quality of life and improve the chance of recovery.
1. The benefits of dietary and lifestyle changes are paramount in any disease, including blood cancers. Before any dietary recommendations are made, it is vital to first improve your nutritional status. This may include determining your metabolic type, correcting vitamin and mineral deficiencies following specific laboratory testing and if necessary assessment of stomach functions with the Heidelberg Test.
2. Any cell within the body can mutate in response to harmful substances or negative stressors, but a healthy immune system will stop its growth and defend against an uncontrollable malignancy. Mycotherapy, Mistletoe Therapy, Herbology, Cannabidiol Therapy and advanced Health Optimising technological treatments are used to modulate the immune system.
3. The more toxic the body, the less oxygen is delivered to cells. Oxygen starvation at the cellular level leads to disease and it's an undisputed fact that cancer cells cease to grow when blood and tissues are sufficiently oxygenated. A highly alkaline diet (80% raw), Budwig Protocol, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, regular exercise and deep breathing techniques all work to increase oxygen uptake.
4. Deep, restful sleep is an important part of an effective healing strategy. During sleep our bodies undergo the processes of rebuilding, detoxifying and healing. The liver works during the deepest level of sleep, the delta level, to break down and eliminate carcinogens. A healing regimen with a cleanse of the kidneys, liver and colon to remove stored toxins, and Advanced Manual Lymphatic Drainage are now available at Health Optimising.
5. Other lifestyle changes include at least 15 minutes of sunlight exposure before applying sunscreen (a minimum 30 minutes if dark skinned) and daily exercise. Research links lack of sunlight (natural Vitamin-D) to certain cancers. Our spiritual room leads out onto a sundeck where you can sit quietly and get your daily dose of Vitamin D.
6. Developing a positive attitude will reduce psychological stress and profoundly aid the healing process. A cancer survivor can achieve this in part by becoming proactive through empowering strategies such as Talk Therapy with Aliyyaa, Life Coaching with Henry or Energy Psychology with Adrian, all available at our Maida Vale Clinic.
7. Spirituality involves settling unresolved conflicts, forgiving and asking forgiveness, liberating toxic emotions such as anger, bitterness,hatred, resentment, regret, and fear, while embracing our capacity for love,compassion and joy. Spiritual Cleansing is a process that can be achieved through various means, including meditation, affirmations, mindfulness,visualisation and/or prayer in our spiritual room.
Aliyyaa Spring-Charles ND MRN is a registered Naturopath and Naturopathic Nutritionist. President of the British Naturopathic Association and the General Council of Registered Naturopaths. Aliyyaa’s specialism is naturopathic oncology symptom support, and she strives to helps her patients better tolerate treatment-related side effects, increase immunity, implement preventative measures and achieve a better quality of life.
Oncology Support Consultations are available at Health Optimising on Tuesdays 9-5pm and Thursdays 1:30-4:30pm